Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Splash of Blue

After what felt like forever, we finally added some blue to our pink-heavy household.  Quintin James Anderson was born April 9, 2012 at 7:08 pm.  He weighed in at a healthy 7 lb. 15 oz. and was a tall baby at 21 inches long.  it's a good thing he came a week before his due date or he could have been one huge little guy.  His birth was a lot faster than his sisters' births.  I only pushed for about 20 minutes before he came popping out.  We're pretty sure it had a lot to do with me not having an epidural this time around.  I shared the story on my other blog, but haven't ruled out the possibility of rewriting it here to see how my perception of things changes over the course of a few weeks.
Just after birth
Quintin has been a really good sleeper for the past few days.  Almost too good a sleeper.  I have to wake him up at night to eat sometimes.  He's still getting the hang of nursing.  Quintin is also a very gassy boy.  I think he swallows a lot of air.  And boy does it smell when he passes it.  Hopefully my milk will be in fully before too long.
Angel baby boy
Ellie and Maya are just loving Quintin to death.  Maya would probably smother him for real with kisses if I weren't there to curb her enthusiasm.  He seems to be fairly patient with everything.  Quintin may also be the first of our kids to voluntarily take a binky.  We can hope.  For now that's all there is.  We love this little dude and look forward to integrating him into our lives.  Now I just need to think of a new name for the blog...

No comments: