Friday, April 22, 2011

Six Months and Seven Months (Maya)

I couldn't do a six month post very well because there aren't any working cameras in the house.  I've also kind of lost the will to blog.  That has shown with the infrequency of my posts.  So now Maya is getting her first combination monthly post.

Wasn't I pregnant just a couple of weeks ago?  Time flies when you're having fun, as well as when there are two children to chase.  Maya is so much fun to have around.  In the past two months she has become very talkative and very mobile.  She can do the slapdrag with the best of them.  She's just starting to get up on her toes, so I think real crawling may not be too far behind.  Maya likes to babble and I like to think she's been saying "mama" off and on.  Mostly she just blows raspberries and has a grand time with that.

In other physical development news, Maya is sitting up pretty well.  She's fairly steady, though she still topples quite a bit.  I've been looking forward to this bit of development because it will make entertaining her so much easier.  I'm sure she will still prefer that I hold her, but that's just too bad. ;)  The slapdrag has been a great thing for me as far as entertainment goes; she loves to do it and I love to watch it.

Maya's giggle is an elusive thing that is difficult to capture but well worth the effort.  She's full of smiles, but her giggle takes a bit of coaxing to release.  I'm still hoping to capture it on video.  The little laugh/grunt is adorable.

Maya remains a momma's girl.  I can't say I don't love it.  Miss Maya is my sweetie pie.  It might get a bit tiresome to have her on my hip all the time, but it's very sweet.  I love that little girl.


Measurements at the doctor's office showed a slight increase in her weight percentile and a small loss in her height percentile.  I'll have to get the numbers when i go back for her 9 months checkup.  She's very healthy and doing well.  Maya's two teeth are pretty cute and she's getting two more on top.  Slowly.  Maya is chewing on everything she can find, but that's fairly normal.  We've just started putting her the walker.  She thought that was pretty good stuff.  It's nice to have another way to entertain her.

Hopefully she'll get better with sleeping through the night.  We're crossing our fingers on that.

Maya is a great little eater.  She sucks the food right off the spoon and asks for more.  We are happy to oblige.

Before too long I'll be updating about more new things that she's doing, but for now I want my baby to just stay my baby.

No comments: