Monday, February 7, 2011

Thirty Months (Eliana)

Two and a half.  Sigh.  My baby is growing up.  Ellie may have a little sister, but she will always be my baby.  In the past few weeks she has been asserting her independence more and more.  Naps are becoming a thing of the past.  If I put her down she just gets back up.  We're working on that.  It happens at night, too.  She just gets out of bed less if she hasn't had a nap.  I'm not ready for her to give up naps, but I'm not sure I have much choice in the matter.  Maybe once it warms up and I can take her outside more she will use up enough energy to require a nap again.  I can hope.

Another fun/frustrating show of independence is when Ellie gets things for herself.  She will usually ask me for whatever she wants.  If I'm busy I'll tell her to wait just a minute.  She then asks me again two seconds later and I repeat the same answer.  After the second request she just does it herself.  That generally involves pulling a chair over to the counter and getting whatever she wants from there.

Ellie continues to be a great big sister.  She likes to hold Maya's hand and give her kisses.  She becomes very distressed if I leave Maya with anyone else.  Ellie enjoys pointing out Maya's body parts and "tickling" them.  It usually doesn't make Maya cry, but sometimes Ellie isn't very gentle.

Dressing up is the only way to go for Ellie.  Sometimes I have to hide her dresses if I need her to wear something else.  She is highly talented at stripping her clothes off and bringing me whichever dress she wants to wear.  More often than not I let her wear what she wants.  The pictures below are an example of that.  In the last one she's wearing her dress, a pettiskirt, and one of my maternity shirts.

We love our little Ellie and look forward to all the time we have with her.

No comments: