Sunday, January 9, 2011

Twenty-eight and Twenty-nine Months (Eliana)

How does time pass so quickly? Ellie is growing up so quickly that it takes my breath away. It seems like I was bringing her home from the hospital yesterday and now she is a tall and agile little girl. We just started a class called Tumbling Tots. I thought it would be fun Mommy-Ellie time so she can have a bit of me for herself. She loves it. She also the tallest kid in the class. Two of the other kids are older than she is.

Ellie seems to be loving her little sister and taking more interest in her. Watching the two of the interact is probably the sweetest thing I've ever seen. No one can make Maya giggle like Ellie does...and she loves doing it. When I dropped Maya off with my friend for the first Tumbling Tots class I was surprised by Ellie's reaction. She was very distressed that I was leaving her little sister somewhere and driving off without her. Despite my reassurances that we would get Maya after class, she called out for her sister until we got into the class with all the toys. It's heartwarming watching them together.

Ellie loves all things princess and will repeat "princess...dress" whenever she sees one until she is satisfied that we have all noticed the princess and her dress. She loves putting on her pretty dresses and twirling. "Princess hair" occassionally works as my bribe to get her to let me do her hair, but she's pretty much grown out of that. We got her a singing Belle doll for Christmas and she has thoroughly loved it ever since. The picture shows her asleep in the car the day she got it.

Meals are a difficulty. I don't know why Ellie refuses to eat, but that's a pretty common scenario around our house. Meals and snacks are often refused and it's a struggle to get her to eat. Sometimes she even refuses to eat things we know she loves. Some days are good eating days and others are like yesterday,when all she ate was goldfish crackers and one bite of her grilled cheese sandwich. The doctor assures us it's normal, but I can't wait for this phase to pass. I have no idea how Ellie continues to grow. There are certain things she'll ask us for, such as cheese and chocolate milk, but we try to give her a more varied diet.


Other children are another favorite thing of Ellie's. She loves having playmates.

Most of the other things for this past month were Christmas things, so hopefully I'll be able to do a post including all of that.

No comments: