Monday, January 3, 2011

Three Months (Maya)

Cuter and cuter by the day.  At three months she has started to look very much like her own little person.  The newborn look is completely gone.  Maya continues to be a chill little kid, which is great.  She is starting to get a bit more fussy recently, making me worry that she's not getting enough to eat.  The easy fix for that would be to give her a bottle, but she's decided that those have gone out of style.  We're working on it.

The hair on top of Maya's head has grown back and we're trying to figure out if we're getting another blondie or if it's a light brown.  She has the most gorgeous brown eyes and is very expressive with them.

I didn't measure Maya's height this month, but she weighs in at just over 12 pounds.  That puts her (from the best I can tell) at the 50th percentile.  I'll let the doctor measure her height at the next appointment.

In Maya's third month she celebrated her first Thanksgiving.  We gave her an enormous bow to wear to show her Thanksgiving spirit, but she wasn't a big fan of wearing something bigger than her face.

Maya's body movements are slowly becoming more deliberate but she still has those sweet, random baby movements.  Her drooling has picked up and I'm hoping that is not associated with teething.  Her daddy and her sister were early teethers.  There's already enough pain that goes with nursing Maya (she's...enthusiastic) that I'm not ready to add teeth to the mix.


I'm still a little sad whenever Maya reaches a new monthly age because I want to keep her as my precious little bundle of baby cuteness.  My comfort is that, if she has to grow, she is growing well.  Maya also loves her mommy and prefers me to anyone else.  I am the one with the food, after all.  She also loves her big sister and giggles beautifully when Ellie jumps for her.





Enjoying her bath

Wearing her cute new jumper

No comments: