Wednesday, August 13, 2008

In My Opinion...

While I can still remember these things, I am blogging them for future reference. Anyone who cares for my opinion can read about it, too.

IN MY OPINION...

...an epidural is fantastic for managing the pain of labor before pushing. However, once you start pushing the pain is lost in the urge to pop the baby out.

...if there is a choice between having an episiotomy or tearing upward from where the baby's head comes out, TAKE THE EPISIOTOMY! The tear going north has caused me a thousand times more discomfort than the cut going south.

...the nurse call button is there for your use. If your nurse is not there when you want, hit the button.

...you need to take control of your experience. Sometimes being too nice makes you hurt later (i.e. tearing before the doctor was called).

...it's a good idea to pick up anything your doctor prescribes. You never know how long it will be until after-birth pains take you by surprise in the shower and you'll wish you'd picked up the good stuff so you don't writhe in agony.

...make sure you take home as many of those stretchy underwears as you can. If that means you have to save them from the trash and rinse them out, do it. They are fantastic for holding pads and liners in place.
When I remember more (and my daughter isn't feeding) I'll post more.

2 comments:

Carrie and Karl said...

I agree completely, and it really annoys me when people with other opinions are unable to accept that not everyone feels the same way, especially when I do very well at keeping my mouth shut to people who have really messed up opinions. (that sounded a little mean, oops)
-Carrie

Hollys Hobbies said...

CONGRATS!!!!! She is absolutely gorgeous, even as you being her mom and seemingly biased-which is your job by the way, I will indeed agree with you on that point Jordan! I am so thrilled for you, I am glad everything went mostly okay for the birth as well. Are you feeling a little better? I hope so, If you have any nursing issues lemme know. I kinda consider myself an expert in pain relief when you get to that point, and you will unfortunately. Best of Luck with your beauty...