Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Seven Months

We're almost a week past Eliana's seven month mark, but it was a busy week. I had a big batch of alterations work from a new customer (I really like working from home over going to the store, but it will be a bit until I can work exclusively with my own customers) and both Eliana and I were sick.

I actually have one growth stat for her this month, even though there was no appointment scheduled with the doctor. Notice I said scheduled. We went in a day or so before her seven month day because she had been sick over the weekend. I had called in on the Friday previous because I was pretty sure I was seeing signs of thrush and wanted to nip it in the bud. On that Saturday evening we left her with a babysitter (actually, there were six of them, all belonging to my aunt Carolyn and ranging in age from 17 to 7) who she threw up on not long after we got to our lovely French dinner. That night she was congested and breathing funny. I scheduled the appointment for as early as I could get Monday morning. About five minutes after I made the appointment all her symptoms cleared up. The doctor examined her and gave her a clean bill of health. There wasn't even any thrush anymore. I like her healthy, but I prefer not to pay to see the doctor unless she's sick. She ended up being fine...until Thursday when symptoms started to return. We didn't see the doctor this time because I figured it would pass as quickly this time as last. I'm happy to report she's getting over it.

Anyway, when the nurse weighed her she was up to 17 lb. 8 oz. That's a pound and a quarter in the last month, which puts her in about the 60th percentile. That's the highest she's ever been. I haven't measured her, but maybe I will next month.

In the past month she has learned to sit up without tipping over (much) and almost pull herself up to standing in her crib. She really, really wants to. We are also about to start letting her cry a little more at night in the hopes that she'll learn to soothe herself rather than wake me up. Here are a few pictures.

She loves to chew on everything in sight. We've had to start changing her inside the crib because this is what she does on the changing table. She's chewing on the side and we're sure she's going to roll in.
She really does chew on everything. Cold metal is her favorite.

She also celebrated her first Valentine's day by hanging out with Daddy and looking cute.

Eliana started to eat vegetables and that has been a blast to watch. My favorite was when we fed her peas. Gotta love the faces.
She's working on creeping, but it's coming very slowly. She'll put her backside in the air and try to scoot. It doesn't get her very far, so she prefers to roll.

We took Eliana to see the ducks on Sunday, as well. She was more interested in the kites, but the ducks weren't very hungry, anyway.

No comments: